If you are someone who suffers from allergies then there is a good chance that you have invested in one of the many types of dehumidifiers on the market today. A dehumidifier, which may also be referred to as an evaporator or vaporizer, is used to add moisture into the air so people with dry skin and respiratory conditions can breathe easier.
But what most people do not realize is that running a humidifier for long periods of time can get expensive almost immediately if they are using electricity or oil to power it. This article will discuss how much dehumidification costs and how often it should be run based on your specific situation.
Does Your Dehumidifier Need To Run 24/7?
You will need to calculate the cost of running your humidifier for 24 hours and compare that with the benefit you receive from increased moisture in the air. If you are using electricity or oil to power your humidifier, then it may be more economical to leave it on all day because those costs tend not change based on how long they are used. However if you use a humidifier that runs off water, then you would need to weigh the cost of buying enough water at home versus what it would cost by leaving your dehumidifier running constantly.
Ultimately there is no one-size-fits-all solution for this problem but it does require some careful consideration. The best thing that you can do is to determine how much it costs to run your dehumidifier and then decide what the ideal humidity level should be throughout your home. If you want a specific number, we recommend having a humidistat installed so you can accurately monitor the moisture levels in your house and only run your humidifier when it is needed.
What Is the Dehumidifier Running Costs?
It is difficult to say how much it costs on average to run a humidifier for an extended period of time because there are many different factors that determine the cost, such as whether you use electricity or oil. However, you can expect that running your dehumidifier for 24 hours will cost at least $15.00 per month if you are using oil or electricity to power it.
If you use water to run your humidifier, then the cost of adding drinking water may make the unit much more expensive in comparison. The best thing that you can do is to calculate the average cost of each unit you are considering purchasing and then compare that with the benefits that you will receive.
Tips For Reducing Dehumidifier Costs
If you’re not careful, a dehumidifier can cost you a lot of money. Here’s how you can reduce the dehumidifier running costs.
– Be sure to empty the container every day or two and make sure it is dry before putting water in it again. A damp container will cause mold growth and increase electricity usage.
– Put a bucket under the unit if your house doesn’t have an attic or basement for ventilation. This will help keep humidity from building up in your home while also reducing energy consumption by removing moisture from the air before it enters your living space. If you need extra humidity during winter months, consider buying a humidifier instead of using a dehumidifier year round. It’s less expensive to run and you’ll have the added benefit of adding humidity to your home.
– Use a dehumidifier with no more than 70 pints per day capacity for rooms up to 1000 sq ft, with the capacity decreasing as room size increases. Using too large of a unit can be expensive because it will cycle on and off frequently to maintain desired levels.
– Choose a dehumidifier with a built in humidistat for better humidity control. This will turn the unit on and off as needed, saving energy and money.
– If you need to use your dehumidifier at one location for an extended time, such as during the winter when you want moisture added to your home, consider buying a timer for your unit. This will allow you to prepay for energy when it is cheaper, saving you money overall even if the per use cost seems higher with the timer.
– If humidity is not an issue in your home or during certain times of year, consider turning off your dehumidifier when it is not needed. If you would like to use it in your home at all times, consider buying a multi-purpose unit that also functions as an air purifier and fan. This will reduce the number of items you need in your home and save you space too.
– When dehumidifiers are not in use for prolonged periods of time, make sure you turn the unit off and drain the water from the tank. Failure to do so can cause corrosion issues with your machine, shortening its lifespan.
Are Dehumidifiers Energy Efficient?
Some people believe that dehumidifiers are energy efficient, while others argue the opposite. The reality is that both sides have valid points. Dehumidifiers use a lot of energy to operate, but can help reduce your utility bill if you use them in the right way.
A dehumidifier’s ability to lower your electric bills depends on many factors, including how often it runs and what type of system it operates within. For example, if you live in an area where humidity tends to be high throughout the year then running a dehumidifier will save you money because humid air is less dense than dry air; this means that more electricity is required for heating or cooling it when compared with dry air. But if your home is already dry, running a dehumidifier will not be very efficient. However you can use it to catch up on humidity levels before turning the machine off again.
A dehumidifier is an energy-intensive appliance. It requires more power to reduce moisture in warm air than in cold air, so the area it covers makes a difference. If you live in a humid area with air that is already humid, then it would be more efficient to turn on your dehumidifier than your air conditioner. This makes sense because the dehumidifier will pressurize the air and thus create more cold air with less investment of energy.
On the other hand, if you live in a dry area with air that is already fairly dry, it would be more efficient to run your dehumidifier during the winter simply because it requires less energy to cool down warm air than to heat up cold air.
Before buying your next dehumidifier be sure to consider the size of space that you want to dehumidify. A large, damp space will require a higher capacity unit than a small one with the same humidity level. Energy Star ratings provide a good indication of a unit’s energy efficiency, but their accuracy varies from model to model so it is best if you look up specific models before buying them.
Benefits Of Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air. This is useful for people who live in warmer climates or areas with high humidity, as it helps prevent mold and mildew growth. It also prevents the formation of other airborne particles such as dust and allergens, which can cause respiratory problems like asthma and allergies.
Dehumidifiers are great for households with small children, pets, or anyone with breathing issues that could be aggravated by these things floating in the air all day long. Here are some key benefits of dehumidifier.
– Eliminates condensation on windows to keep them clean year-round.
– Prevents damage to wood floors caused by dampnes.
– Removes musty smells from closets and storage spaces
– Creates a healthier environment by reducing mold and mildew growth.
– Reduces the risk of health issues such as allergies and asthma caused by pet dander, dust, and other contaminants in the air.
– Keeps your house smelling fresh and clean with less effort than constantly cleaning up after pets, children, or smokers.
– Lowers your energy bill by removing excess moisture from the air.
How Does A Dehumidifier Save You Money?
The answer is simple. If you live in a humid climate, you need to dry out your house or it will get moldy and mildewy. Mold can actually be very dangerous for people with allergies or asthma. You also don’t want the dust mites that thrive in humid environments to start overpopulating your home because they’re really bad for your lungs and sinuses too! Mould is not only unhealthy but it just looks gross! It’s safe to say that if you have any of these problems then installing a dehumidifier would be an excellent way of saving money by preventing unnecessary doctor bills, missed days at work, and having to replace all the furniture in your home.
Dehumidifiers are also environmentally friendly. They help prevent water damage to your property by preventing the humidity of the air from rising above a certain level. If your home’s humidity levels stay within safe levels then there will be no mold or rot so you’ll save money on repairs. You’ll even save some energy too because you won’t have to turn on your air conditioner as often during the summer. When you get rid of all that excess humidity in the air, your home will feel more comfortable and even look better too. There’s nothing like enjoying a breath of fresh air after turning on a dehumidifier.
So as you can see, a dehumidifier will save you a lot of money not just on energy bills but also on home repairs and doctor bills. The environment will be better off because all that humidity won’t rot the wood in your house or cause mold to take over everything. You’ll have an easier time breathing too! In conclusion, a dehumidifier is one of the best investments that can be made by homeowners and apartment renters. You will save money and protect your family’s health and wellbeing by installing one in your home today.
How To Calculate The Dehumidifier Running Costs
The dehumidifier running cost can be calculated by dividing the power consumption of the dehumidifier with its capacity. For example, if your dehumidifier is rated at 12 amps on 115 volts it would use 123 watts per hour which means that you will spend an extra $6.00 in electricity every day.
The average price for electricity in America is about 12 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) so this would equal to $0.72 per day or $2.88 a week for this one appliance alone. This doesn’t include any other electrical appliances you may have running while using your dehumidifier like lights, computers, TV’s and more which all add up to additional costs each month.
Dehumidifier Recommendations 2023
- High Efficient Dehumidifiers for Home: Still annoyed about the muggy weather? Just Take it easy! have a try at TABYIK 35OZ Peltier dehumidifier, in a closed small room with humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH, it can collect a max of 16oz(450ml) of water in 24 hours, and with very low energy consumption (no more than 1-kilowatt hour a day).
- Small Dehumidifiers with Colorful Light: There is a separate light button, which can emit 7-color romantic atmosphere lights for you, and the ultra-quiet operation (28dB) creates a comfortable and peaceful environment for your bedroom and office.
- 35OZ Dehumidifiers for Bathroom: With 1000ml (35OZ) large transparent tank, you can see the water collection volume of the dehumidifier in real-time, and there is a groove design at the bottom of the water tank, you can easily take it out, pour water and clean it!
- Auto Shut Off Protection: When the water tank is 700~800ml full, dehumidifiers will auto shut off work, and the light will flash red to inform you. It is also very safe and convenient to use when you are not at home.
- Portable Dehumidifier for Bedroom: With a compact size of 5.9X5.9X10.1 inch and a built-in handle on the back, it is very convenient to be placed everywhere. Helping to get the excess moisture out of the air for you in bedroom, bathroom, RV, closet.
- 【High Efficient Dehumidification】Unlike other dehumidifiers on the market, SIMSEN Upgraded dehumidifiers equipped with double dehumidification condenser, Maximum dehumidification area up to 720 sq ft. Quickly reduce the humidity of the room and dries the air. Removes the humidity from the atmosphere at a Dehumidification rate of 34oz(1000ml) per day, when test in 86°F and 80% RH environment. Help you improve air quality and create a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
- 【Safe & Smart Dehumidifier】SIMSEN Dehumidifier equipped with a 95oz(2800ml) water tank, SIMSEN Dehumidifier with drain hose, you can put it in the bathroom or kitchen, no need to pour water every day. Also has an auto-off function, when the water tank is full of water, the dehumidifier will automatically shut down and emit a red light, which is a reminder that you need to pour the water out. The dehumidifier is safe to use even when you are not at home.
- 【Ultra Quiet & Two Working Modes】The dehumidifier designed with high power mode and sleep mode that meet everyone's various needs. You can freely switch between 2 modes. The sleep mode is super quiet, with a considerate 30dB whisper-quiet operation and sleep mode, let you sleep peacefully.
- 【Colorful Atmosphere Light】 The Dehumidifier comes with breathing atmosphere lights in various colors, It automatically changes color in the form of a breathing light, You can turn it on or off at any time. When you like a certain color, you just need to wait for the light to automatically change to that color and then press the light button to pause on the color you like. SIMSEN bedroom dehumidifier creates a sweet and romantic sleeping atmosphere for you.
- 【Create a Comfortable Environment】It is very suitable for rooms under 720 sq. ft, such as bathroom, small basement, bedroom, closet, kitchen. According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems, SIMSEN Dehumidifier can keep moisture below 45%, and it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment.
- 2X SEMICONDUCTOR CONDENSERS: In order to improve the efficiency, BREEZOME dehumidifiers equipped with DUAL semiconductor condensers which almost double the effect of other small dehumidifiers. It effectively absorb up to 750ml excess moisture per day (Tested in 86°F, 80% RH), quickly reduce the humidity of the room. And our Dehumidifier can cover spaces between 50 sq ft-500 sq ft, fully satisfying the needs of a typical family.
- 1.8L(60 OZ) LARGE CAPACITY: The dehumidifier is designed with a 1.8L(60oz) large water tank which allows it works for long time and don’t need to empty the water tank frequently. With the AUTO Shut-Off features, the dehumidifier will stop running automatically and flash red light to remind you to empty the water tank when it is full.
- AUTO DEFROST FUNCTION: It's a common problem for other brand's dehumidifiers that frost buildup after prolonged use. BREEZOME dehumidifiers come equipped with a defrost function. It automatically removes frost from the semiconductors to make sure it works.
- QUIET SLEEP MODE & COLORFUL LIGHT: Our dehumidifiers for bedroom is designed with 35dB quiet sleep mode and high power mode to meet your various needs. There's an adjustable night light that can change colors and create a comfortable atmosphere.
- ENERGY SAVING & TIMER FUNCTION: With the power of 48W, it only consumes 1.15kwh of electricity after 24 hours of operation. The dehumidifier for bedroom is also designed with a 12-24-36-48 hours timer to make sure it only operates within a specific time range to prevent extra energy waste.
- Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter: Capture dust from the air and keep your dehumidifier working efficiently with our easy-to-clean washable filter.Low Temperature Operation: This unit is designed to operate at low temperatures down to 41 degrees F
- Custom Humidity Control: Maximize your comfort with customized control over the amount of humidity in your room
- Continuous Drain Option: Skip emptying the water bucket -- this unit continuously drains your dehumidifier so that you don’t have to lift a finger
- Automatic Shut Off: Unit shuts off automatically when the water bucket is full
- Front Loading Bucket with Carrying Handle and Splash Guard: A water bucket is conveniently located in the front of the unit for easy access, while the carry handle and splash guard make emptying your bucket hassle-free
- POWERFUL AND ADVANCED: A 9.8 x 8.7 x 15.5 inches dehumidifier with drain hose for large rooms is perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, garage, or home. Dehumidification is supported by advanced inner hardwares: powerful and reduced energy consumption compressor enables a maximum removal of 25 pints moisture per day (under 86°F, 80%RH condition). Centrifugal engine and unobstructed air outlet enable rapid and smooth emission of air that covers up to 2000 Sq. Ft
- MULTITUDINOUS ARRAY OF FUNCTIONS: A portable dehumidifier and clothes dryer with air filters: dehumidification function has three operation modes, with intelligent mode for daily usage, continuous mode for extreme damp weathers, and sleeping mode for nighttime, as well as a 24hr Timer for auto turn on/shut off; air filtration function is supported by filter and the anion generator that releases anions to reduce dust and odor; clothes drying becomes fast and easy enabled by dehumidification
- LOW ENGINE NOISE: 36db Industry Leading Noise Reducing: guarantees quiet presence of the dehumidifier during your working hours, family talks, TV binging hours, and nighttime sleep
- HUMANE FEATURES FOR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY: Child safety lock protects children and pets from causing unintentional harm; 3 colored indicator lights ensure a clear display and convenient check of the current humidity; 0.53 gallon visible water tank gives a straightforward view of the water level; 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomic handles guarantee easy mobility; 2 drainage options (auto & manual) give you flexible methods of water drainage
- WARRANTY & DRAIN HOSE: A 2-year paperless (environmentally friendly) warranty included, automatically activated upon receiving your product. There's also a drain hose included as a welcoming gift for your purchase. (If you have encountered any problem with the dehumidifier, please feel free to contact us directly. We will reply and offer solutions to your problem within 24 hours.)
- ALUMINUM ROTATING KNOB AS A UNIQUE FEATURE: Our uniquely designed knob can be casually rotated to change the set humidity, with the current humidity level displayed on the knob's centrally integrated LED screen. Tri-color indicator positioned on the knob's outer ring shows the ambient humidity range.
- 36DB INDUSTRY LEADING DENOISE FUNCTION: it remains whispering quiet at your busy hours, TV binging, and nap time.
- A 10.04 x 8.66 x 18.11 INCHES SIMULTANEOUS DEHUMIDIFER AND CLOTH DRYER: dehumidify with three operation modes: intelligent mode for daily use facilitated by auto shut-off at your ideal humidity level; sleeping mode for nighttime; continuous mode for efficient drying under extreme moist weather as well as for fast clothes drying.
- ALL FUNCTIONS EQUIPPED AT YOUR IDEADL USAGE: powerful compressor enables efficient dehumidification; child lock protects children from unintentional touches; 24hr timer allows you to set auto turn-on & turn-off time; 360º wheels enable easy movement; visible water tank and drain hose provide flexible drainage options.
- WARRANTY GUARANTEED: 1-year paperless (environmentally friendly) warranty is provided, automatically activated once upon receiving. If you have any problems with our dehumidifier, please feel free to reach out. We will reply and offer solutions within 24 hours.
- ADVANCED HOME DEHUMIDIFIER: Our dehumidifiers adopts semiconductor condensation technology with quiet working feature, efficiently for removing the removing the moisture in the air, keep moisture below 45%
- AUTO SHUT OFF: Smart dehumidifier with auto shut off function when the water tank is full or in a wrong position, perfect to prevent the water from overflowing when you did not notice, very safe and convenient to use when you are not at home
- 7 COLORFUL NIGHT LIGHTS:Our dehumidifier for bedroom has 7 changing lights, which could be set steady on your prefer color, could serve as a nigh light, creates a sweet and romantic sleeping atmosphere for you
- 2 WORKING MODELS: High speed model with powerful speed for quickly and efficiently reduce the humidity. Night model with low speed operation, quietly working (<30db) while you are sleeping. Switch freely the 2 modes as your need
- COMPACT DEHUMIDIFIER: This portable dehumidifier size approx: 8.3(L)*5.5(W)*14(H) inch, could cover a range of 800 sq.ft. Perfect to use as bedroom dehumidifier, closet dehumidifier,bathroom dehumidifier. Widely used in basement, garage, kitchen and other occcsions.
- HIGH DEHUMIDIFICATION: Adopting semiconductor condensation technology, our dehumidifier can effectively absorb the moisture up to 300-320ml out of the air in the environment of 86°F and 80% RH, and keeps moisture below 45%
- COLORFUL ATMOSPHERE LIGHTS: You can choose to just turn on a certain color or 7 colors light up in turns. Not only create a comfortable atmosphere but also a nice decoration for your home
- AUTO SHUT OFF: Dehumidifier will automatically shut off when the water tank is 600ml full, which prevents the water overflow and protects the dehumidifier from damage. And the LED light turns red and flash to remind you to empty the water
- PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT: With a small size and a built-in handle on the back, dehumidifiers are easy to move it to everywhere. Suitable for bedroom, bathroom, closet, living room, kitchen and office
- COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT: Dehumidifiers take moisture out of the air, keeping the air fresh and creating a healthy and comfortable living environment
- ENERGY STAR & 52-PINT POWERFUL MOISTURE ABSORPTION: Up to 4,500 sq. ft dehumidifier for basement removes 52 pints per day (86°F, 80% RH) depending on moisture condition and adjust humidity from 40% to 80%. Energy Star verified, our dehumidifiers have lower operating costs, and is kinder to the environment. Ideal for basements, laundry, bathroom, garage, office, stockroom, cellars, etc. It's important to choose a efficient dehumidifier
- MOST EFFICIENT 2023 ENERGY STAR: Vellgoo dehumidifier are recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient deliver cutting edge energy efficiency along with the latest in technological innovation. They represent the very best for energy savings and environmental protection. Thank you for your contribution for evergy savings and environmental protection
- SET THE HUMIDITY YOU WANT & ENJOY PEACEFUL NIGHT: The dehumidifier will stop working or restart automatically when the dehumidifier reaches the set humidity or the humidity is higher than the target humidity; The bucket full indicator with the silent reminders will always be on and shut off automatically, don't need to worry about keeping alarm to wake you up. Enjoy peaceful and sweet sleep all night
- PORTABLE DRAINAGE WITHOUT THE HASSLE: Easy Empty the water tank (5.5L/1.4Gal) with carrying handle; Tired of emptying water? - The dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56-foot ) help you keep continuous drainage; The hose is not long enough? - There is also a hose adapter to connect to the garden hose as a welcome gift with your purchase
- MULTIPLE HUMANIZED DESIGN: The dehumidifiers for large room have 2 modes of dehumidification switch freely (Continuous Mode, Customed Mode); built-in universal wheels and handle easy to move; automatic restart and automatic defrost; thoughtful child lock design, safety protection; removable washable reusable filter makes your life so comfortable
- 【Powerful Moisture Absorption】 : MORFY dehumidifiers for home adopts semiconductor condensation technology ,Maximum dehumidification area Up to 700 sq. ft dehumidifier removes 34oz(1000ml) day (86°F, 80% RH) depending on moisture condition,Quickly reduce the humidity of the room and dries the air. Help you improve air quality and create a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
- 【Multiple Drainage Options】：Manual Drain- The dehumidifiers features a more intuitive front water tank design that allows you to see the water collected. When the 2500ml water tank is full, the small dehumidifiers will automatically stops running and lights up the full water indicator to remind you to empty it; Continuous Drain- Our dehumidifier for basement comes with a 1.5m (4.92 feet) drain hose that you can easily connect to the outlet of the dehumidifier for continuous drain.
- 【Overflow Protection】:The dehumidifier adopt new innovative design of the water-full cut-off principle.We use a tiny stainless steel probe to detect full water,When the water tank is full, sensitive stainless steel probe against switch and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off without water overflowing. The built-in "red light" indicator will light up to remind. stainless steel probe design, ensuring the bedroom dehumidifiers great performance for longer service.
- 【Quiet Dehumidifier】:The compact dehumidifiers for small room have 2 modes of dehumidification switch freely (high power mode and sleep mode), automatic defrost:effectively reduces the damage to the machine caused by the ice of the collected water. dehumidifiers for bedroom with a considerate 40dB peak sound can hardly notice, ensuring no disturbing during work and sleep.
- 【Breathing Atmosphere Light】: The mini dehumidifiers comes with breathing atmosphere lights in 7 colors, It automatically changes color in the form of a breathing light, Just slightly tap the top light area, the light will be turned on/off. When you like a certain color, you just need to wait for the light to automatically change to that color and then press the light button to pause on the color you like. This dehumidifier for bedroom creates a sweet and romantic sleeping atmosphere for you.
- 1,500 SQ. FT. DEHUMIDIFIER – This Midea dehumidifier is able to remove 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%. Perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, cellar, or crawlspace. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier..WORLDWIDE - Midea is the world’s largest provider of air conditioning products. As a testament to our dedication to quality, we offer a 1 year warranty on parts and labor on this product
- QUIET & ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED – With a low dBA output, this dehumidifier is quieter than a household refrigerator. Meanwhile, with Energy Star certification, the unit features a continuous dehumidification mode designed to keep your home at the proper humidity level 24/7 while saving you money.
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES & WARRANTY - Features include auto restart function limiting disruption due to power outages, "Turbo" mode to increase the fan speed for maximum moisture removal, auto defrost function to prevent collected water from being frozen, and an option to run a continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full. Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- MODERN DESIGN – This dehumidifier has a clean, sleek look in order to fit the style of any home, apartment, or business. It even comes with 360° rotatable wheels, digital control panel, built-in timer to program a schedule, and handles to easily move the dehumidifier anywhere you please with ease.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Easily empty the included tank (0.8 gallons) when it’s full, or simply connect a standard hose (not included) to the built in socket for gravity fed continuous draining. When using the manual drainage the dehumidifier will shut off automatically when the bucket is full and switch on again after the bucket emptied. Meanwhile, a washable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts.
- 【2000 Sq.Ft 30 PINTS DEHUMIDIFIER】- Our 2023 Upgraded dehumidifier for space up to 2000 Sq.Ft with powerful compressor could remove 3.8 Gallons of water per day (It means that under 95°F/90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity uo to 30 pints). Ideal for home & kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, rv, large room, basements, closet, etc.
- 【SAFE & QUIET DEHUMIDIFERS】- AIUSEVO dehumidifiers equipped with Auto shut off function, Child lock and Fire-proof material, Auto Defrost for safety concerns. Adjustable 2 fan speeds for multiple choices, you can set low fan speed that won't disturb you when you are sleeping or at work.
- 【THREE MODES DESHUMIDICADOR】- Three Modes to meet your all dehumidification needs and protect your whole house, create healthy environment; the DEHU mode could adjust humidity from 30%-80% and fan speed according to your needs. The DRY mode could remove humidity from wet clothes in case we enter the continuous rainy season. The CONTINUOUS mode will work all the time until the humidity have reached what you preset suitable for very damp space.
- 【INTELLIGENT HUMIDITY CONTROL】- Smart RH display with child lock, speed, timer, humidity, mode and power button. Adjust to your ideal working time from 1-24 hrs. Auto defrost begins automatically if the unit reaches below optimum temprature, keep your unit running safely and efficiently.
- 【PORTABLE DESIGN CONVENIENT FOR HOME】- The Large dehumidifier with 360° universal Wheels, lift up Handles, washable Filter, available Water Tank and Drain Hose convinient to move - suitable for small room, living room, crawlspace, garage, grow tents and cellars.
- Ideal for medium-sized rooms up to 2500 square feet (standard 8 foot ceiling)
- Auto re-start feature will restart the appliance at previous settings in case of power outage
- Includes smart dehumidification feature to maintain humidity within a comfortable 45-55% range
- Includes timer feature, auto-defrost function, and overflow protection
- Easy to clean re-usable filter included
- 【3,000 Sq. Ft 35 Pint Dehumidifier】 Humhold portable dehumidifier is able to remove 35 pints per day (70 pints 2012 DOE standard) of moisture, has an IEF of 1.83, effectively reduces humidity from 80% to 30%, and also displays the humidity with a color indicator, Cleans the air easily and effectively. Ideal for large rooms up to 3,000 Sq. Ft, such as a basement, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, cellar, or crawlspace.
- 【Energy Star Dehumidifier】 Energy Star's most efficient 2022 Recognition. Energy Star qualified means this compact yet powerful unit removes moisture better than traditional dehumidifiers, is energy efficient, environmentally friendly, and saves your money.
- 【Portable & Stylish】With a stylish, slimline exterior design in order to fit the style of home, apartment, or business. It comes with 360° rotatable wheels, a carry handle and a quiet fan, a digital control panel, and a built-in timer. Its size for 13.6" * 9.5" * 20.2", and its weight is only 33lbs, Easily moves from room to room. dehumidifying your room when and where you need it.
- 【Easy to Use & Maintenance】 Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full. The unit shuts off automatically when the water tank (8P) is full. Front loading bucket with carrying handle and splash guard. The water tank is located on the front of the unit for easy access, and the carrying handle and splash guard make it easy to empty the bucket. Connect the included drain hose to the built-in socket for continuous drainage by gravity.
- 【Inside Drying Mode】 When you don't need to use it, the built-in drying button can make the dehumidifier dry and keep it clean so you don't have to worry about mold. Meanwhile, a washable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts.
- 4,500 sq ft Large Dehumidifier: Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.6 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our largest, most capable model ideal for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet and/or very wet spaces.
- Designed For Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminates Moisture Effectively: Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal.
- Important Things To Know: Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 4,500 square feet. It measures 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches, has a 1.6 gallon water tank capacity and removes up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day.
- 【High Efficient Dehumidification】Our dehumidifiers for bedroom are equipped with Thermo-Electric Peltier semiconductors & a 25 oz (750 ml) large water tank, it could absorb up to 16oz(450ml/D) of water in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. You no longer need to endure humid days and enjoy a comfortable living environment.
- 【Ultra-Quiet, Sleep-Friendly】Many conventional dehumidifiers operate with high noise levels, making it hard to fall asleep, while our small dehumidifiers with advanced Peltier technology reduce the operating noise to less than 35db without compromising dehumidification efficiency, creating an ideal sleep environment. It's important to choose efficient but quiet dehumidifiers for home.
- 【Auto-off, Keep Safe】This mini dehumidifiers for home features an auto-off function that will stop working automatically if the water tank is full, and it will flash the red light to remind users empty the water. It's safe for 24 hours around running even if no one is at home.
- 【Energy Saving-Affordable】Our dehumidifiers for bedroom are effective but energy-saving and use only 0.96KW of electricity after running for 24 hours. It's environmentally friendly and more affordable than traditional dehumidifiers, you could solve the most trouble for the least amount of money.
- 【Compact for Every Corner】No space is too small for this mini dehumidifier, the mini-size is designed for every corner you need, place it on your nightstand or wardrobe, you need not bear the damp quilts and clothes, also you can put it in your kitchen, bathroom, office...where you need, where it is.
- 𝟒,𝟓𝟎𝟎 𝐒𝐐 𝐅𝐓 𝟓𝟎 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐬: Our Dehumidifiers an collect up to 50 Pints of Water a day and Covers areas up to 4,500 square feet. Being able to adjust Humidity from 30%RH to 80%RH, Dehumidifiers are Suitable for use in Basements, Homes, Garages, Bathrooms, Bedrooms, Offices, Kitchens, Laundry Rooms, Storage Rooms and RVs. The Dehumidifier is Newly Improved and Smaller in Size, You deserve it!
- 𝟑𝟔𝟎° 𝐑𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟐𝟒-𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: Dehumidifiers is Equipped with 4 Universal Wheels, Handle at the top of the Dehumidifier, Which is Convenient for you to Move it to every corner of the Room. 24-Hour Timer: used for preset operation and reducing energy consumption. This dehumidifiers is Equipped with a Touch Control Panel with Digital Display, Which Makes the Mode, Target Humidity, Timer, Fan Speed, Defrosting and Current Room Humidity Readings Clear at a Glance.
- 𝟑 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬: One touch to switch DEHU/DRY/CONT meet all your needs properly. DEHU mode to perfectly maintain your desired humidity level in the wine cellar. DRY mode to quickly dry delicate clothes that need to be hung for drying. the CONT mode is perfect for constantly damp spaces.
- 𝟐 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐤: Manual Drainage: When the 0.66 Gal Water Tank is Full, The Dehumidifier will Automatically Stop Running, The "Full" indicator will light up, and an alarm will Sound for 10 seconds to Remind you to empty the water tank. Automatic Drainage: With the included 6.56ft/2m Drainage Hose, You can Continuously Drain the Collected Water without Emptying the Bucket.
- 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞:Advanced Noise Reduction Design is Adopted, and the Noise Does not exceed 42dB. It won't Disturb you to Sleep, Watch TV, Study and listen to Music, Can Quickly dry delicate clothes that need to be hung and dried, and has a child locking function.
- 【High-Efficiency Dehumidification】The LETCREN dehumidifier's enhanced performance offers high-efficiency dehumidification. Capable of extracting up to 16oz water daily from air with 86℉ temperature and 80% RH, it creates a comfortable living space with dry air.
- 【7 Colorful Lights & Two Modes】Our dehumidifier is the perfect addition to any home, with 7 colorful LED lights and two working modes for a quiet and convenient night's sleep. Designed with ultimate performance and functionality, we provide efficient dehumidification while adding a touch of style to your living space.
- 【Auto Shut-off & Quiet】Dehumidifier is built with an auto shut-off feature and quiet operation to let customers meet better life. Keep your home free from humidity without any hassle. Noise lower than 39dB, enjoy peace of mind knowing our dehumidifier has your back, turning off when necessary, and protecting your family.
- 【Small and Portable】LETCREN compact dehumidifier, perfect for small spaces and portable enough for travel. It's an essential tool for creating a comfortable environment anywhere. With its user-friendly controls and convenient size, this dehumidifier is the ideal solution for those who need a reliable, space-saving option.
- 【Large Capacity & Detachable Filter】Look at our top-of-the-line model, featuring a 35oz large capacity tank and a detachable filter for hassle-free cleaning. With its simple installation and intuitive controls, this dehumidifier is the perfect choice for a high-performing, low-maintenance solution. Say goodbye to excess moisture and hello to a more comfortable, healthy living space with our premium dehumidifier.
- WANSID High Efficiency Dehumidifier: This home dehumidifier can effectively remove up to 30 pints of excess moisture per day (95°F, 90% RH)(Note: under 95°F, 90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 30 pints). The effect of dehumidifier is related to the temperature,the humidity and the size of the room. The more humid,the better effect. The smaller the room,the better effect
- 2 Drainage Options--Auto&Manual Drainage: This dehumidifier with drainage outlet which can attach drain hose offers continuous drain option. The water tank is 2.5L/0.66 gallon when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full "indicator will light up as well as an alarm will beep for 10 seconds to remind you to empty the water tank.When the water tank is full,the dehumidifier will stop working automatically. No worry about the risk of the water overflowing
- Designed with Intelligent Touch Control: This dehumidifier is equipped with a touch control panel with digital display makes modes,target humidity,timer,fan speed,defrost and current room humidity reading at a glance. 24-hour Timer: For preset operation and reduced energy consumption. Auto Shut-Off/ Restart: Shuts off automatically when the water bucket is full, and restarts after the bucket has been emptied
- 3 Smart Modes and Quiet Working: This home dehumidifier features 3 modes that meet all your needs properly. DEHU mode to perfectly maintain your desired humidity level in the wine cellar, DRY mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry, CONT mode to continuously dry your spa area.With advanced noise reduction design,the noise is no more than 40dB.It will not disturb you while you sleeping, watching tv,studying and listing to the music
- Portable&Compact Dehumidifier: With 4 rolling casters and handles, this 30-pint dehumidifier is easy to transport from room to room. The hand-up part on the back helps bundle the cord and hang it by the dehumidifier, keeping the cord safe and neat while transportation.Equipped with a replaceable filter (come with 2pcs filter make double the using life of the filter), can protect the compressor and remove larger airborne particles from the air, indefinitely to reduce excess humidity
- ENERGY STAR DEHUMIDIFIER: Most efficient 2022 Energy Star verified. Vellgoo DryTank dehumidifier has much lower operating costs and is kinder to the environment. Enjoy Eco-friendly lifestyle, enjoy reduced power bills than non-Energy Star devices
- POWERFUL MOISTURE ABSORPTION: 3,000 sq. ft dehumidifier for basement, removes 36 pints per day( 52 pints in 86°F, 80% RH). Customized control and continuous dehumidification mode design, Enjoy healthy air in 45%-55% humidity for home bathroom laundry garage bedroom crawlspace, etc
- MULTIPLE DRAINAGE OPTIONS WITHOUT HASSLE: 3 flexible drainage options perfectly meet both of manual and continuous drainage needs. 6.56-foot drain hose included for 7/24 reliable water removal. Compatible with garden hose with an internal threaded end ( NOT included)
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL: The dehumidifiers for home will stop working or restart automatically when the dehumidifier reaches the set humidity or the humidity is higher than the target humidity. Intelligent control design, with humidity levels reading, bucket full silent reminder, Auto-Shut off, 24h timers, Auto Defrost, Auto-Restart function to promote convenience for home. Enjoy peaceful and sweet sleep all night
- MULTIPLE HUMANIZED AND SAFETY DESIGN: The dehumidifiers for basements have 2 modes of dehumidification switch freely to meet your different needs; thoughtful child lock protects children and pets from unintentional harm; 360° rotatable wheels and an ergonomic handle ensure easy movement; Removable washable filter is easy to clean for maintaining, always taking fresh air and having comfortable live
Tips For Using Dehimidifier Economically
Dehumidifiers are a great way to keep your home or office from getting too humid. But they can be expensive, especially if you use them for long periods of time. So here are some tips on how to get the most out of your dehumidifier and what you should do when you need a new one.
Use Your Dehumidifier Strategically
For example, consider using your dehumidifier at night when the humidity is the highest and there are no people in your home to contribute to humidity levels. This will be especially beneficial if you use a system like central heating which reduces humidity levels in the air and also brings down temperature levels.
Don’t Let Water Collect
Every time you empty the tank of your dehumidifier, don’t let water build up in the indicator window which will cause this part to rust. This can eventually lead to leaks and mold growth so it’s important to keep an eagle eye on moisture levels!
Empty Indicator Window Frequently
Nothing is more frustrating than having to empty your dehumidifier every few hours, especially in the middle of the night. So make sure you check on moisture levels every so often so that the indicator window isn’t overly full.
Keep Your Dehumidifier Clean
Keeping your dehumidifier clean will help it to last a long time and even work more efficiently. So clean out your unit where dust accumulates every so often (like in the fall when windows are closed) especially if you use it often.
Keep Pets Out Of The Room
Some pets like to chew on cords which is very dangerous for them because this could lead to electrocution. It is also a good idea to keep them out of the room when you are using your dehumidifier so they don’t drink from the tank and get sick.
Maintain Proper Temperature
You should set your unit to run at around 30 degrees Celsius or about 86 degrees Fahrenheit which is warm enough for maximum performance without being too hot for the unit to handle.
Consider Using A Dehumidistat
Dehumidists are an excellent way to control humidity in your home without overusing your dehumidifier. They can help to turn the unit on and off automatically so that you aren’t wasting energy or money. It’s well worth it to invest in one of these.
FAQs About Dehumidifier
– Aren’t air conditioners more efficient than dehumidifiers?
A dehumidifier is, by its very nature, more efficient than an air conditioner. This is because it sucks the moisture right out of the air instead of just cooling the room down, which means that your AC won’t have to work as hard. What’s more, there are no coils for mold growth inside a dehumidifier like there are in air conditioners.
– How long will a dehumidifier last?
There’s no definite answer to this, partly because it depends on how you use your dehumidifier and the quality of the unit itself. However, most units are designed to last for about five years if they’re used correctly. Some people report their units lasting even longer than this.
– Are dehumidifiers good for home use?
A dehumidifier is a great purchase for anyone who wants to improve their humidity levels and keep them that way because it helps to prevent mold growth and the like. They’re also useful if you live in an area where there is high humidity all year round, which makes air conditioning less effective and can cause a lot of discomfort.
– How often should you use a dehumidifier?
This is largely down to personal preference, but it’s probably best if you only turn your dehumidifier on when you need it, instead of running it constantly because this will save energy and money in the long run. It’s a great idea to keep an eye on humidity levels and empty the dehumidifier if they get too high to prevent mold growth and save even more energy.
– Do dehumidifiers work in the winter?
Yes, they do. They use the same basic process that they always have which means sucking the moisture out of the air, but it’s best to set them to a colder temperature than usual because hot air can hold onto more moisture. This also helps prevent mold growth inside your unit.
– Can dehumidifiers cause allergies?
It is possible, yes. If you suffer from any allergies and your dehumidifier isn’t cleaned out regularly then it could accumulate mold spores which can make your allergies even worse. This is one of the reasons why it’s important to keep an eye on humidity levels and clean your unit if necessary.
– What does the warranty cover?
Every dehumidifier comes with a warranty which covers various parts of the unit, including the motor and compressor. It’s always worth keeping your receipts for at least three years in case you encounter any issues with your dehumidifier down the line. If you can’t find your receipt then you might be able to get in touch with the manufacturer anyway.
– Can you drop a dehumidifier and expect it to still work?
This isn’t recommended for obvious reasons, but if you accidentally drop your dehumidifier then there’s no reason why it won’t still work. Just make sure that you pick it up by the handle or the base because dropping it in water will break the unit and void your warranty.
– Can dehumidifiers cause mold growth?
Yes, they can. When you run a dehumidifier, any damp or wet areas in the room will become colder and if your home is poorly insulated then this could mean that moisture accumulates inside these parts and causes mold growth which isn’t good for anyone. This is why it’s important to keep an eye on humidity levels and clean your dehumidifier regularly.
– Dehumidifiers are good for you, so can they be bad?
Yes, although this isn’t common with most units, the drain pump may stop working which means that all of the moisture is going to be released inside of your unit instead of outside. This means that mold growth will be a problem and won’t be as easy to keep under control as it would otherwise.
– When should you empty your dehumidifier?
This is largely down to personal preference, but you can tell when the water tray needs emptying if the water isn’t being collected in one place or you can’t find the drain hose. It’s always best to check if you’re not sure because leaving it could cause mold growth and other related problems.
Here is a video on how a dehumidifier works that may be useful for you.
– What size dehumidifier do I need?
This is another personal preference question, but your dehumidifier will generally be able to remove moisture from between 1 and 4 pints of air per hour. You can use this as a rough guide to choose the size you need, but it’s always best to check if you’re not sure because making an incorrect assumption could cause problems with your unit.
– Can I use my dehumidifier outside?
You can, but this isn’t recommended because the water filter in your unit is designed for use inside and can easily pick up debris which might clog it up. It’s also worth bearing in mind that any moisture released by your unit will be absorbed by the ground so you’ll need to regularly empty it in order to keep the air in your home at a normal humidity level.
In conclusion, it is important to keep an eye on your dehumidifier running costs. If you want to save money, it is best to only use the unit when necessary instead of turning it on all the time and letting it run continuously.
Running a dehumidifier too much will lead to increased energy bills and may even cause mold growth in certain circumstances if moisture accumulates inside or outside of your unit because of improper insulation or other issues. The warranty for this product typically covers parts such as the motor and compressor so be sure that you read through any terms carefully before purchasing one.
The Ultimate Guide For Every Sewer – How to Sew A Straight Line