If you are someone who suffers from allergies then there is a good chance that you have invested in one of the many types of dehumidifiers on the market today. A dehumidifier, which may also be referred to as an evaporator or vaporizer, is used to add moisture into the air so people with dry skin and respiratory conditions can breathe easier.
But what most people do not realize is that running a humidifier for long periods of time can get expensive almost immediately if they are using electricity or oil to power it. This article will discuss how much dehumidification costs and how often it should be run based on your specific situation.
Does Your Dehumidifier Need To Run 24/7?
You will need to calculate the cost of running your humidifier for 24 hours and compare that with the benefit you receive from increased moisture in the air. If you are using electricity or oil to power your humidifier, then it may be more economical to leave it on all day because those costs tend not change based on how long they are used. However if you use a humidifier that runs off water, then you would need to weigh the cost of buying enough water at home versus what it would cost by leaving your dehumidifier running constantly.
Ultimately there is no one-size-fits-all solution for this problem but it does require some careful consideration. The best thing that you can do is to determine how much it costs to run your dehumidifier and then decide what the ideal humidity level should be throughout your home. If you want a specific number, we recommend having a humidistat installed so you can accurately monitor the moisture levels in your house and only run your humidifier when it is needed.
What Is the Dehumidifier Running Costs?
It is difficult to say how much it costs on average to run a humidifier for an extended period of time because there are many different factors that determine the cost, such as whether you use electricity or oil. However, you can expect that running your dehumidifier for 24 hours will cost at least $15.00 per month if you are using oil or electricity to power it.
If you use water to run your humidifier, then the cost of adding drinking water may make the unit much more expensive in comparison. The best thing that you can do is to calculate the average cost of each unit you are considering purchasing and then compare that with the benefits that you will receive.
Tips For Reducing Dehumidifier Costs
If you’re not careful, a dehumidifier can cost you a lot of money. Here’s how you can reduce the dehumidifier running costs.
– Be sure to empty the container every day or two and make sure it is dry before putting water in it again. A damp container will cause mold growth and increase electricity usage.
– Put a bucket under the unit if your house doesn’t have an attic or basement for ventilation. This will help keep humidity from building up in your home while also reducing energy consumption by removing moisture from the air before it enters your living space. If you need extra humidity during winter months, consider buying a humidifier instead of using a dehumidifier year round. It’s less expensive to run and you’ll have the added benefit of adding humidity to your home.
– Use a dehumidifier with no more than 70 pints per day capacity for rooms up to 1000 sq ft, with the capacity decreasing as room size increases. Using too large of a unit can be expensive because it will cycle on and off frequently to maintain desired levels.
– Choose a dehumidifier with a built in humidistat for better humidity control. This will turn the unit on and off as needed, saving energy and money.
– If you need to use your dehumidifier at one location for an extended time, such as during the winter when you want moisture added to your home, consider buying a timer for your unit. This will allow you to prepay for energy when it is cheaper, saving you money overall even if the per use cost seems higher with the timer.
– If humidity is not an issue in your home or during certain times of year, consider turning off your dehumidifier when it is not needed. If you would like to use it in your home at all times, consider buying a multi-purpose unit that also functions as an air purifier and fan. This will reduce the number of items you need in your home and save you space too.
– When dehumidifiers are not in use for prolonged periods of time, make sure you turn the unit off and drain the water from the tank. Failure to do so can cause corrosion issues with your machine, shortening its lifespan.
Are Dehumidifiers Energy Efficient?
Some people believe that dehumidifiers are energy efficient, while others argue the opposite. The reality is that both sides have valid points. Dehumidifiers use a lot of energy to operate, but can help reduce your utility bill if you use them in the right way.
A dehumidifier’s ability to lower your electric bills depends on many factors, including how often it runs and what type of system it operates within. For example, if you live in an area where humidity tends to be high throughout the year then running a dehumidifier will save you money because humid air is less dense than dry air; this means that more electricity is required for heating or cooling it when compared with dry air. But if your home is already dry, running a dehumidifier will not be very efficient. However you can use it to catch up on humidity levels before turning the machine off again.
A dehumidifier is an energy-intensive appliance. It requires more power to reduce moisture in warm air than in cold air, so the area it covers makes a difference. If you live in a humid area with air that is already humid, then it would be more efficient to turn on your dehumidifier than your air conditioner. This makes sense because the dehumidifier will pressurize the air and thus create more cold air with less investment of energy.
On the other hand, if you live in a dry area with air that is already fairly dry, it would be more efficient to run your dehumidifier during the winter simply because it requires less energy to cool down warm air than to heat up cold air.
Before buying your next dehumidifier be sure to consider the size of space that you want to dehumidify. A large, damp space will require a higher capacity unit than a small one with the same humidity level. Energy Star ratings provide a good indication of a unit’s energy efficiency, but their accuracy varies from model to model so it is best if you look up specific models before buying them.
Benefits Of Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air. This is useful for people who live in warmer climates or areas with high humidity, as it helps prevent mold and mildew growth. It also prevents the formation of other airborne particles such as dust and allergens, which can cause respiratory problems like asthma and allergies.
Dehumidifiers are great for households with small children, pets, or anyone with breathing issues that could be aggravated by these things floating in the air all day long. Here are some key benefits of dehumidifier.
– Eliminates condensation on windows to keep them clean year-round.
– Prevents damage to wood floors caused by dampnes.
– Removes musty smells from closets and storage spaces
– Creates a healthier environment by reducing mold and mildew growth.
– Reduces the risk of health issues such as allergies and asthma caused by pet dander, dust, and other contaminants in the air.
– Keeps your house smelling fresh and clean with less effort than constantly cleaning up after pets, children, or smokers.
– Lowers your energy bill by removing excess moisture from the air.
How Does A Dehumidifier Save You Money?
The answer is simple. If you live in a humid climate, you need to dry out your house or it will get moldy and mildewy. Mold can actually be very dangerous for people with allergies or asthma. You also don’t want the dust mites that thrive in humid environments to start overpopulating your home because they’re really bad for your lungs and sinuses too! Mould is not only unhealthy but it just looks gross! It’s safe to say that if you have any of these problems then installing a dehumidifier would be an excellent way of saving money by preventing unnecessary doctor bills, missed days at work, and having to replace all the furniture in your home.
Dehumidifiers are also environmentally friendly. They help prevent water damage to your property by preventing the humidity of the air from rising above a certain level. If your home’s humidity levels stay within safe levels then there will be no mold or rot so you’ll save money on repairs. You’ll even save some energy too because you won’t have to turn on your air conditioner as often during the summer. When you get rid of all that excess humidity in the air, your home will feel more comfortable and even look better too. There’s nothing like enjoying a breath of fresh air after turning on a dehumidifier.
So as you can see, a dehumidifier will save you a lot of money not just on energy bills but also on home repairs and doctor bills. The environment will be better off because all that humidity won’t rot the wood in your house or cause mold to take over everything. You’ll have an easier time breathing too! In conclusion, a dehumidifier is one of the best investments that can be made by homeowners and apartment renters. You will save money and protect your family’s health and wellbeing by installing one in your home today.
How To Calculate The Dehumidifier Running Costs
The dehumidifier running cost can be calculated by dividing the power consumption of the dehumidifier with its capacity. For example, if your dehumidifier is rated at 12 amps on 115 volts it would use 123 watts per hour which means that you will spend an extra $6.00 in electricity every day.
The average price for electricity in America is about 12 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) so this would equal to $0.72 per day or $2.88 a week for this one appliance alone. This doesn’t include any other electrical appliances you may have running while using your dehumidifier like lights, computers, TV’s and more which all add up to additional costs each month.
Dehumidifier Recommendations 2021
- 1,500 SQ FT ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER: The CLEVAST dehumidifier can collect up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) of water a day and covers areas up to 1,500 square feet. It efficiently and safely moisture absorber and is perfect for medium-sized areas such as basementliving room athroomgaragestockroomlaundry llars awlspace. It is very comfortable and healthy to keep the humidity range between 45%-65%.
- EASY TO SET UP & OPERATE: The CLEVAST dehumidifier has an easy control panel. When setting time or setting temperature is reached, it will shut off intelligently. The automatic defrost function effectively reduces the damage to the machine caused by the ice of the collected water, and supports 24 hours of continuous dehumidification, which is awesome.
- STYLISH & SMART DESIGN: The 360° rotational wheels are designed for your convenience. You can now easily move it from one place to another. The large water tank (capacity is 0.8 gallons), is also smartly designed.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN: Its portable bucket handle makes it easy to clean. You can easily take out the tank and flush out the water or simply connect a drain hose (Use CLEVAST dehumidifier drain hose for continuous dehumidification and drainage.Search for B096SCLQM2 for drain hose.) to the built-in socket for gravity-fed continuous draining. The washable filter at the back preserves the air quality without expensive replacement parts.
- WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Our dehumidifier is UL Listed and Energy Star Certified. It is eco-friendly, safe, and energy saver. CLEVAST offers a 12-month warranty and lifetime support. Customer Satisfaction is Our TOP priority. Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
- 1,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER – Our dehumidifier is able to collect 20 pint (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of water a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%, perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, or crawlspace. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier. Please note: depending on the climate in your area, as well as room size, you may need to purchase a larger unit for best effect
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES – Auto restart function limits disruption due to power outages by engaging your chosen settings as soon as power is restored. The auto defrost function prevents the collected water from being frozen and doing harm to the machine. Power supply:1Ph, 115V-, 60Hz
- QUIET AND CONTINUOUS OPERATION – A maximum 51 decibel limit enables low volume operation equivalent to a quiet conversation. Meanwhile, with Energy Star certification, the unit features a continuous dehumidification mode designed to keep your home at the proper humidity level 24/7
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Easily empty the included tank (0. 8 gallon) when it’s full, or simply connect a standard . 75 inch female garden hose (not included) to the built in socket for gravity fed continuous draining. Meanwhile, a reusable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts
- WORLDWIDE - Midea is the world’s largest provider of air conditioning products. As a testament to our dedication to quality, we offer a one year parts and labor on this product
- High-Efficiency Dehumidifier: Equipped with a 2000ml water tank, it can quickly and effectively remove up to 1000ml (temperature: 86°F, humidity: 80%RH) of moisture from air per day. Improve the environmental quality and make your home more comfortable and healthier every moment.
- Compact & Portable: Lightweight and portable, our home dehumidifier is suitable for different rooms (Recommended 107 ft² - 480 ft² ). You can easily put the portable dehumidifier to any place wherever you want to. It is perfect for high humidity areas like your bathroom, small basement, closet, kitchen, living room. Say goodbye to moist.
- Easily Quiet Operation: When in operation, the dehumidifier produces less than 40dB of noise without loud or annoying noise. In addition, One-button switch design helps you easily operate the bedroom dehumidifier.
- Automatic Shut Off: This mini portable dehumidifier will automatically shut down when the water tank is full of water to prevent the water tank from overflowing. The indicator light will turn red when the water tank needs to be emptied. It is very easy to remove the water tank and put it back in the dehumidifier.
- Energy-Saving Dehumidifier: The electric dehumidifier is effective and energy-saving, with a power of only 48W/hour, which means that it only consumes 1.15kW of electricity after 24 hours of operation. Compared with traditional large compressors or desiccant dehumidifiers, it is environmentally friendly and cheaper.
- SUPERIOR COMMERCIAL DEHUMIDIFIER: Yaufey commercial dehumidifier removes up to 155 pints moisture from the air per day.This large capacity dehumidifier works well for for large rooms up to 7,500 sq. ft. like warehouse, basement, garage, cellar and small factory, etc.
- INTELLIGENT DEHUMIDIFICATION: Built-in humidity and temperature sensor to smartly sense room humidity and maintain room humidity in your ideal moisture setting. Programmed the 24hr on/off timer, for worry-free dehumidification and superior energy saving.
- MANUAL AND AUTO DRAINAGE: This large capacity dehumidifier will AUTO shut off along with visible alarm when the 1.32 Gal water tank is full. Plus, this commercial dehumidifier offers automatically continuous drainage with 6.56ft. drain hose included.
- EASY MOBILITY AND MAINTENCE: With four universal casters and two built-in handles, you can move the portable dehumidifier easily in your area. Please clean the air filter regularly to help your machine work efficiently and prevent air quality issues.
- RELIABLE DEHUMIDIFIER:Yaufey 155 Pints Commercial Dehumidifier comes with 1-Year Warranty and lifetime support. Any further issiues about our dehumidifiers, please feel free to contact our customer support team who are ready to assist you at any time.
- 3500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier can effectively removes up to 50 pint (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day and adjust humidity from 30% to 80%, which makes it easy for you to maintain a healthy 45%-55% humidity range, fit for medium to large rooms in areas up to 3500 Sq Ft and perfect for use in basement, home, garage, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, laundry room, storage room and RV.
- THREE MODE DEHUMIDIFIER - Three modes with one click to accurately meet your different needs. The DEHU mode keep the humidity level of your home in a healthy range or be used in wine cellars and storage rooms where there is a clear need for space humidity. The DRY mode can quickly dry wet clothes and cotton household items and protect clothes from moisture. The CONT mode is suitable for constantly damp spaces where continuous dehumidification is required.
- INGENUITY APPEARANCE DESIGN - We added a top handle that can drive the dehumidifier to move and embedded handrails on both sides to facilitate flat movement and up and down handling. Four 360°universal wheel is already one of the necessary accessories for every HOGARLABS dehumidifier. The front digital humidity display can easily be used as a hygrometer to detect the humidity in different time periods, which allows you to control the room humidity at any time.
- TWO EASY DRAINAGE WAYS - Manual Drain: The dehumidifier features a more intuitive front water tank design that allows you to see the water collected. When the large 0.6 gallon water tank is full, the dehumidifier will automatically stops running and lights up the full water indicator to remind you to empty it; Continuous Drain: Our dehumidifier comes with a 2m (6.6 feet) drain hose that you can easily connect to the outlet of the dehumidifier for continuous drain without emptying the water tank.
- THE HOGARLABS ASSURANCE - To guarantee customer experience, we extend customer's product trial experience to 45 days, Every HOGARLABS product is covered with Two-year warranty and lifetime technical support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any issue with your HOGARLABS product, HOGARLABS customer assurance team is here for you 24 hours every day!
- 4,500 sq ft Large Dehumidifier: Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.6 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our largest, most capable model ideal for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet and/or very wet spaces.
- Designed For Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminites Moistness, Odor & Other Things You Hate: Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction.
- 1. 💧 Larger Dehumidifier for Space Up To 1800 Sq.Ft: Our dehumidifier removes daily moisture 30 Pints (under 86 ℉,80% RH ). It is the best dehumidifier for home, basement, office, living room, bedroom, garage, laundry room, cellar, etc., fits any medium or larger room up to 1800 sq. ft. This dehumidifier can handle it all, improves air quality, and promotes a comfortable environment by keeping your place in the ideal 45%-55% humidity.
- 2. 💧 Visualized Humidity&Intelligent Control: COLAZE dehumidifier is equipped with an intelligent screen with touch control on the dehumidifier compared to most traditional dehumidifiers, easier to operate without worry about button damaged. Auto Intelligent Humidity Control: in the normal dehumidification mode, sliding the humidity progress bar (30%-80%RH in 5% increments), setting the ideal. When it reaches its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working.
- 3. 💧 Multi-directional Upgrade Dehumidifier Function: Our dehumidifiers adopt ultra-quiet technology compared with others, protecting you from annoying disturbance. Two-way timing function, you can preset the timing for changing delay-off or delay on by a 1-hour increment up to 24 hours, reducing energy consumption. Four dehumidification modes: Normal dehumidification; Continuous dehumidification; Ventilation; Dry Clothes modes with 2 fan speeds that meet your dehumidification demand better.
- 4. 💧 Auto&Manual Two Drainage: Manual Drainage (double full water protection): The water tank is 2.5L/0.66 gallon when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full "indicator will light up as well as an alarm will beep for 20 seconds to remind you to empty the water tank, the dehumidifier will stop working automatically. Auto Drainage: You can directly attach to the drainpipe hole on the left side of the dehumidifier to achieve continuous drainage. No worry about the risk of the water overflowing.
- 5. 💧 Portable Design For The Modern Home: Compared to bulky and power-hungry old dehumidifiers, our dehumidifier is more in line with the needs of modern consumers: sleek and modern look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, you can also move it easily without any efforts. 3 different color lights (Blue, Green and Red) show you the environmental humidity directly. Remember that the color will automatically change according to the environmental humidity; you can not choose the color you want.
- Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
- It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
- Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable.
- Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space up to 1500 SQ FT. It measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, has a 3 liter (0.8 gallons) water tank capacity, and removes up to 3 gallons (22 pints) of moisture from the air per day
- 70 Pint (50 Pint 2019 DOE) Medium to Large room or basement dehumidifier effectively removes excess moisture
- ENERGY STAR qualified Dehumidifier removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers
- Auto-Drain Pump drains condensation vertically or horizontally up to 15 feet (drain easily into a sink or out a window) – Drain tube included
- Easy access washable air filter, detachable water tank with handle & anti-spill tank stand
- Smart digital humidistat control & display, 24-hour energy-saving timer, low temperature operation & auto-restart after power outage
- Powerful with High Efficiency - The Pohl + Schmitt Dehumidifier effectively covers up to 2200 cubic feet to remove up to 10 ounces of water per day in spaces up to 225 square feet (2200 cu ft)
- Breathe Easy with Full Lungs - Problems with air humidity are common in almost every household. Our compact dehumidifier is designed to reduce and maintain the level of humidity in the air, creating an environment with an ideal moisture setting
- Lightweight and Quiet – With its 17 ounce (500 ml) water tank, our mini dehumidifier is easily transferable from one room to another, taking that damp feeling out of any basement, laundry room, cellar, bathroom, kitchen, small room or any poorly ventilated area. Features Peltier technology (without a compressor) to run quietly and smoothly
- Multiple Benefits for Your Home - The Pohl + Schmitt dehumidifier features many benefits for humid spaces around the house. It can help to keep clothes, furniture and other fabrics fresh. Breads and cereals can be preserved for longer. It can also prevent damage to wood walls and furniture
- Low Energy Consumption - Our team carefully designed this small but powerful dehumidifier with no chemical substances and low energy consumption. An appliance that every family needs to help you save energy and breathe easily
- DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 7500 Sq. Ft: Our commercial dehumidifier remove up to 155 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F, 90%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 155 pints), fit for medium to large rooms in areas up to 7500 Sq. Ft and is able to adjust humidity from 10% to 98%.
- INNOVATIVE & PORTABLE DESIGN: Waykar Commercial Dehumidifier features with sleek and modern look, with easy-roll hidden wheels and ergonomically recessed handles, pushable handle, which allows you move it anywhere with ease. AUTO RESTART after a power failure, AUTO DEFROST when coils iced up, ensuring worry-free operation.
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL FOR EFFECTIVE OPERATION: Waykar dehumidifier comes with a simple clear digital touch control panel, anyone could operate it easily. Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain pre-set humidity levels. 24-hour Timer: For preset operation and reduced energy consumption, effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill. Automatic Shut Off/On.
- OPTIMIZED AUT0/MANUAL DRAINAGE: This commercial dehumidifier will AUTO STOP to prevent overflowing when the bucket is full.Auto Drain:With included 6.56 ft(78.72”) drain hose for continuously auto-drain your powerful dehumidifier without emptying the water bucket. When the 5 Gallon water tank has reached maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied.
- SUPPORT: This Waykar 155 Pints Dehumidifier Commercial Dehumidifier is covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just an-email away.
- 【2,000 sq ft Large Dehumidifier】Equipped with 3 upgraded air inlets, this home dehumidifier can effectively dehumidify 360° in all directions. Removes up to 30 pints (under 95°F, 90% RH) of moisture per day and adjusts the humidity level from 30% to 80%. This energy-saving dehumidifier is ideal to dry a damp room up to 2,000 sqft and is perfect for homes, basements, offices, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, stockrooms, living rooms, laundry rooms, cellars and crawlspaces.
- 【68oz Water Tank】Equipped with a large detachable 68oz(0.528 Gal) water tank, you can adjusted the dehumidifier to the ideal humidity setting, and let it run continuously for 24 hours until the water tank is full, the water tank indicator light will turn red and light up, it will automatically shut down to prevent water overflow. No time to empty it? With a drain hose outlet for continuous draining which comes with a 3.3ft long drain hose that you don't need to empty the water tank anytime.
- 【Easy To Move & Maintain】Considering that most bulky dehumidifiers are difficult to move, this unit is designed with 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically designed handles, meaning that you can move it around easily without scratching the floor. Meanwhile, a detachable and washable filter can preserve fresh and clean air quality.
- 【Multiple Humanized Functions】With upgraded 360° airflow, this multifunctional dehumidifier offers a specifically designed laundry dry mode that can quickly remove excessive moisture from clothes and keep them dry and clean which makes it suitable for wet weather. Two different fan speeds will meet the various dehumidification needs of anyone by switching freely between the 2 modes. With 45dB ultra-quiet operation, and the night sleep mode provides a quiet environment so that you can sleep.
- 【Humidity Real-Time Intelligent Control】Simple to use! Our home dehumidifier has a adjustable electronic control panel with LED digital display, it can provide an accurate humidity level readout and automatic humidity control. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting (30%-80%). It will intelligently perceive any rooms humidity level and control dehumidification. Meanwhile, it is also equipped with an intelligent 3-color humidity level display lights: Red (20%-49%), Blue (50%-67%), Green (68%-81%).
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up the energy bill, saving money. It will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 55 pints per day at AHAM condition，120 Pint at saturation, up to 1,300 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, large room, or commercial use.
- Automatic Defrost-a quick and efficient defrosting process, truly makes the dehumidifier able to work at a low temperature (36 degrees Fahrenheit), if frost is detected on the coils, an automatic defrost cycle runs to avoid frost build-up and issues associated with that build up. It makes the unit work continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process, saving energy and making the unit last longer.
- INTERNAL CORROSION PROTECTION-an advanced technology to minimize corrosion and freon leakage, as you know, in dehumidification applications, there is always get oxide, hydroxide, or sulfide; regular coils get corrosion and freon leakage quickly; this innovative feature extends the life of the coils by providing protection against, maintaining the coil’s heat transferability.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME-for the satisfaction, we designed this professional dehumidifier with the modern consumer in mind. All special features make it the best for crawlspace, basement, and commercial applications, auto defrosting system, optional Remote control system, MERV-8 filter, Low-temperature operation, C-ETL, and Energy Star listed.
- 5 Years Warranty-energy efficient & safety tested. Our sentinel HD55 dehumidifier is energy star certified and is fully compliant with the electrical safety ETL. Every AlorAir dehumidifier comes with a 5-year warranty with a professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
- 👍[113 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER] AlorAir Sentinel HD55 commercial dehumidifier can remove 113 PPD at saturation, 53 pints per day at AHAM, up to 1,200 sq.ft, lowering the humidity to comfortable levels in a short period. On the other hand, this ETL-listed dehumidifier is made of a metal outer casing that withstands more rugged conditions, ensuring long-term use and easy maintenance. Fit any crawl spaces, basements, warehouses, offices, factories, shops, storage areas.
- 👍[SUPER CONVENIENT USAGE] This high-quality dehumidifier is adjusted simply to the ideal humidity setting to minimize moisture and reduce odor. The MERV-8 Filter can protect internal components from dust when dehumidifying. The most convenient point is that you are not requested to pour away the water every hour like a typical domestic dehumidifier, there is no tank inside, it drains automatically.
- 👍[AUTO DEFROSTING SYSTEM] Auto defrosting is important, as ice buildup on the dehumidifier’s coils can cause the units to malfunction. AlorAir commercial dehumidifier can truly make the dehumidifier work at the Low temperature (36 degrees Fahrenheit). The unit works continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process. Not only saving the energy but also making the unit last longer.
- 👍[SAME FIT FOR CRAWL SPACES & BASEMENTS] We designed this professional dehumidifier with the modern consumer in mind, smaller size, compact design, rugged handle, easy and safe to transport from job to job, and even from downstairs to upstairs. All special features make it the best for crawlspace, basement, and commercial applications, auto defrosting system, optional remote control system, strong as the tank, Low-temperature operation, cETL.
- 👍[5 YEAR WARRANTY AND STRONG LOCAL SERVICE TEAM] 5 YEARS Warranty-We believe in quality and after-sales service. All our high-quality AlorAir basement/crawlspace dehumidifiers are made for your full utilization. It will last longer and still keep its shape look, even in some cruel commercial USES. Your 100% satisfaction is with 5 Years and an excellent after-sales service team countrywide.
- ✔【Dehumidifier for Commercial Use】 With its 140 PPD within 265 cfm dehumidifying capacity, it can cover large areas such as basements, industrial warehouses, gym, garage, laundry rooms, workshop, library, construction sites and any other commercial space that needs humidity control for its equipment to function well and store its products to maintain good quality.
- ✔【Water Damage Restoration】 This industrial dehumidifier easily reduces humidity in the air and prevents moisture related issues in your spaces. It helps out in drying leaks and floods efficiently, which might damage products and equipment. It can also accelerate the drying process after painting or even plastering your walls.
- ✔【Features 24-hours Dehumidifying Function】 Don’t fret it setting timers and going back and forth, this dehumidifier can work up to 24 hrs, with a defrost feature, water pump and 5m drain hose it will instantly drain all the moisture absorbed from your spaces. No need to worry about buying another filter, this commercial dehumidifier comes with a reusable mesh filter that can be washed and is easy to clean.
- ✔【Portable and Convenient to Use】It’s 18.5 נ22.8 נ31.1 inches compact dimensions with 82.3 lbs weight, this large space commercial humidifier is equipped with handle covered with protective foam, 2 wheels and 2 castors for you to easily transported from one point to another while doing its operation. Its castors have a special lock facility that holds on uneven surfaces. With its side grab handles, it will be easy to carry even from upstairs to downstairs.
- ✔【5 Years Warranty】Energy efficient & safety tested our sentinel 145 dehumidifier is energy star certified and is fully compliant requirement. Every BLVEDEEP commerical dehumidifier comes with a 5-year warranty with a professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
- ➤【HIGH EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION】SEAVON portable dehumidifier with 35oz(1000ml) capacity tank extracts up to 16oz(450ml) of water daily in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. The dehumidifier is suitable for the bathroom. Keep moisture below 45%, powerful efficiency for removing the moisture in the air.
- ➤【COLORFUL NIGHT LIGHTS & AUTO SHUT OFF】Our electric dehumidifier has 7 changing lights (which could be set steady on), this bedroom dehumidifier creates a sweet and romantic sleeping atmosphere for you. Auto Shut Off function to prevent the water from overflowing. It is also very safe and convenient to use when you are not at home.
- ➤【TWO WORKING MODES & ULTRA QUIET】The dehumidifier designed with high speed and low speed that meet all kinds of dehumidification requirements of different people. You can freely switch between 2 modes. The low-speed mode is super quiet, with a considerate 30dB whisper-quiet operation and sleep mode, suitable for bedrooms and offices.
- ➤【SPACE SAVING & PORTABLE】This small dehumidifier has a cylindrical design and small size(6.3x6.3x10 inches). Perfect for control humidity in your home, such as kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, basement, garage, closet. Note: The optimal operating temperature of the dehumidifier is 59-104℉. It will not work below 41℉.
- ➤【CREATE HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT】According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems. Dehumidifier will start work when the humidity more than 45%, it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment.
- Dehumidifier for Space Up to 2000 Sq. Ft: Our dehumidifiers are able to remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints) in areas up to 2000 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%.It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, etc..
- Unique Design for The Modern Home: The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with modern look. With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Intelligent Control: After you set your desired humidity, the dehumidifier will run intelligently. Humidity Auto Control-Simply adjust to your desire humidity, it will work smartly, when it reached its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when the humidity above target is sensed. Automatic Shut Off/On-Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied. Power Outage Automatic Restart
- Easy To Use: Auto Drain - The unit comes with a 6.56 feet drain hose that you can attached to the drain pipe hole to continually drain water that is dehumidified. Manual Drain - The water tank is 0.66 gallon/2.5 L,when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied. Meanwhile, a reusable and washable filter preserves fresh and clean air quality
- Support: All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just one-email away
- POWERFUL DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SMALLER ROOMS: This powerful beast effectively removes up to 30 Pints per day (20 Pint 2019 DOE Standard) of moisture from the air to protect walls, curtains, furniture and appliances and can even help extend the life of food by keeping the air dry (moisture removal depends on moisture condition and the size of your room). Ideal for small basements, living rooms, cellars & storage rooms, Energy Star qualified means this compact, but powerful unit removes moisture with less energy than conventional
- PEACE OF MIND WITH A BRAND YOU TRUST: Honeywell TP30WKN Dehumidifier is the #2 top rated 2020 Small Capacity Dehumidifier by CR Reports and have been top rated by this independent, U. S. -based product safety-testing agency since 2016. All Honeywell Dehumidifiers are backed by a long, Five year warranty. Plus, if you ever need help, the Honeywell Home Comfort customer service hotline connects you directly to a U.S. customer support team who are ready to help (during office hours).
- EFFECTIVELY REMOVES MOISTURE AND ODOR: Effectively removes excess moisture to help protect your home from allergy & odor.
- EASY TO USE, EASY TO MAINTAIN: The durable air filter helps reduce dust & easily washes clean under a faucet –-No filter replacements necessary. A Filter Clean Alert helps you maintain filter for optimal operation. The detachable water tank with comfort-grip handle & anti-spill tank guards make it a breeze to empty or, connect the drain tube (included) to the Continuous Drain Outlet for carefree, automatic drainage.
- SMART & DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: Smart digital humidistat control automatically activates dehumidification based on pre-set room conditions. What else? 24-hour energy-saving timer, sleep mode, low temperature operation, auto-restart after power outage and smooth-gliding wheels makes this Honeywell Dehumidifier a quiet & invaluable addition to almost any moisture-ridden room.
- Precise Humidity Control and a 24-Hour Timer for superior energy efficiency
- Bucket Full Indicator and Audible Alarm lets you know when the bucket needs to be emptied
- Auto Restart to turn back on and maintain the same settings after power is restored
- Auto Defrost protects against low temperatures down to 5° C (41° F)
- Continuous Operation Mode option so you never have to empty the bucket
- 30 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER - Efficiently remove up to 30 pints of moisture from the air per day. The dehumidifier works quickly to absorb moisture out of a 2000 square foot space to improve your air quality on many levels.
- ELIMINATES MOISTURE AND ODOR FROM HUMID AIR – The WHIRLPOOL portable dehumidifier can be placed in various locations throughout your home or apartment such as your attic, bedroom, basement, bathroom, garage, or any other environment you would like to eliminate mold, mildew and allergens. Breathe in clean air again!
- RELIABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE –Buy this dehumidifier and create a comfortable space with fantastic air quality. Adjust to your ideal settings using the electronic controls with LED Display and let the machine do the work to control humidity levels. The settings include 3 different fan speeds. Other functions include an auto-defrost, a bucket full alert, clean filter alert, and an automatic shut-off function, all designed to make life easier for you!
- WARRANTY: Whirlpool's 1 year warranty gives you peace of mind with our products.
- CONTINUOUS DRAINING OPTION: For extreme conditions, a continuous draining option is available using a low-level drain and a standard garden hose (hose not included) instead of emptying the bucket.
Tips For Using Dehimidifier Economically
Dehumidifiers are a great way to keep your home or office from getting too humid. But they can be expensive, especially if you use them for long periods of time. So here are some tips on how to get the most out of your dehumidifier and what you should do when you need a new one.
Use Your Dehumidifier Strategically
For example, consider using your dehumidifier at night when the humidity is the highest and there are no people in your home to contribute to humidity levels. This will be especially beneficial if you use a system like central heating which reduces humidity levels in the air and also brings down temperature levels.
Don’t Let Water Collect
Every time you empty the tank of your dehumidifier, don’t let water build up in the indicator window which will cause this part to rust. This can eventually lead to leaks and mold growth so it’s important to keep an eagle eye on moisture levels!
Empty Indicator Window Frequently
Nothing is more frustrating than having to empty your dehumidifier every few hours, especially in the middle of the night. So make sure you check on moisture levels every so often so that the indicator window isn’t overly full.
Keep Your Dehumidifier Clean
Keeping your dehumidifier clean will help it to last a long time and even work more efficiently. So clean out your unit where dust accumulates every so often (like in the fall when windows are closed) especially if you use it often.
Keep Pets Out Of The Room
Some pets like to chew on cords which is very dangerous for them because this could lead to electrocution. It is also a good idea to keep them out of the room when you are using your dehumidifier so they don’t drink from the tank and get sick.
Maintain Proper Temperature
You should set your unit to run at around 30 degrees Celsius or about 86 degrees Fahrenheit which is warm enough for maximum performance without being too hot for the unit to handle.
Consider Using A Dehumidistat
Dehumidists are an excellent way to control humidity in your home without overusing your dehumidifier. They can help to turn the unit on and off automatically so that you aren’t wasting energy or money. It’s well worth it to invest in one of these.
FAQs About Dehumidifier
– Aren’t air conditioners more efficient than dehumidifiers?
A dehumidifier is, by its very nature, more efficient than an air conditioner. This is because it sucks the moisture right out of the air instead of just cooling the room down, which means that your AC won’t have to work as hard. What’s more, there are no coils for mold growth inside a dehumidifier like there are in air conditioners.
– How long will a dehumidifier last?
There’s no definite answer to this, partly because it depends on how you use your dehumidifier and the quality of the unit itself. However, most units are designed to last for about five years if they’re used correctly. Some people report their units lasting even longer than this.
– Are dehumidifiers good for home use?
A dehumidifier is a great purchase for anyone who wants to improve their humidity levels and keep them that way because it helps to prevent mold growth and the like. They’re also useful if you live in an area where there is high humidity all year round, which makes air conditioning less effective and can cause a lot of discomfort.
– How often should you use a dehumidifier?
This is largely down to personal preference, but it’s probably best if you only turn your dehumidifier on when you need it, instead of running it constantly because this will save energy and money in the long run. It’s a great idea to keep an eye on humidity levels and empty the dehumidifier if they get too high to prevent mold growth and save even more energy.
– Do dehumidifiers work in the winter?
Yes, they do. They use the same basic process that they always have which means sucking the moisture out of the air, but it’s best to set them to a colder temperature than usual because hot air can hold onto more moisture. This also helps prevent mold growth inside your unit.
– Can dehumidifiers cause allergies?
It is possible, yes. If you suffer from any allergies and your dehumidifier isn’t cleaned out regularly then it could accumulate mold spores which can make your allergies even worse. This is one of the reasons why it’s important to keep an eye on humidity levels and clean your unit if necessary.
– What does the warranty cover?
Every dehumidifier comes with a warranty which covers various parts of the unit, including the motor and compressor. It’s always worth keeping your receipts for at least three years in case you encounter any issues with your dehumidifier down the line. If you can’t find your receipt then you might be able to get in touch with the manufacturer anyway.
– Can you drop a dehumidifier and expect it to still work?
This isn’t recommended for obvious reasons, but if you accidentally drop your dehumidifier then there’s no reason why it won’t still work. Just make sure that you pick it up by the handle or the base because dropping it in water will break the unit and void your warranty.
– Can dehumidifiers cause mold growth?
Yes, they can. When you run a dehumidifier, any damp or wet areas in the room will become colder and if your home is poorly insulated then this could mean that moisture accumulates inside these parts and causes mold growth which isn’t good for anyone. This is why it’s important to keep an eye on humidity levels and clean your dehumidifier regularly.
– Dehumidifiers are good for you, so can they be bad?
Yes, although this isn’t common with most units, the drain pump may stop working which means that all of the moisture is going to be released inside of your unit instead of outside. This means that mold growth will be a problem and won’t be as easy to keep under control as it would otherwise.
– When should you empty your dehumidifier?
This is largely down to personal preference, but you can tell when the water tray needs emptying if the water isn’t being collected in one place or you can’t find the drain hose. It’s always best to check if you’re not sure because leaving it could cause mold growth and other related problems.
Here is a video on how a dehumidifier works that may be useful for you.
– What size dehumidifier do I need?
This is another personal preference question, but your dehumidifier will generally be able to remove moisture from between 1 and 4 pints of air per hour. You can use this as a rough guide to choose the size you need, but it’s always best to check if you’re not sure because making an incorrect assumption could cause problems with your unit.
– Can I use my dehumidifier outside?
You can, but this isn’t recommended because the water filter in your unit is designed for use inside and can easily pick up debris which might clog it up. It’s also worth bearing in mind that any moisture released by your unit will be absorbed by the ground so you’ll need to regularly empty it in order to keep the air in your home at a normal humidity level.
In conclusion, it is important to keep an eye on your dehumidifier running costs. If you want to save money, it is best to only use the unit when necessary instead of turning it on all the time and letting it run continuously.
Running a dehumidifier too much will lead to increased energy bills and may even cause mold growth in certain circumstances if moisture accumulates inside or outside of your unit because of improper insulation or other issues. The warranty for this product typically covers parts such as the motor and compressor so be sure that you read through any terms carefully before purchasing one.