Air conditioning and heating are the most common causes of dampness in a home. If you live in a humid area or have an older house, then your basement is likely to be plagued with moisture problems. A dehumidifier can help solve these issues, but it’s important to know where to place dehumidifier for best performance.
The first step is determining what type of humidity problem you’re dealing with. Is there standing water on the floor? Are there wet spots on walls? Do you see mold growing anywhere? Once you’ve determined which type of humidity problem you’re dealing with, it’s time to figure out where to place your dehumidifier for best performance based on following advices.
Where To Place Dehumidifier For Best Performance?
The first thing you need to do when looking for a suitable place to place your dehumidifier is identify the type of humidity problem that you’re dealing with. Does your basement have standing water? Wet spots on the walls or mold growing in the corners? After you’ve determined which type of humidity problem you’re dealing with, it’s time to figure out where to place your dehumidifier for best performance.
Basement With Standing Water
If your basement has standing water, then it’s probably due to a leak in the foundation. Fix the leak and make sure that any exposed soil gets covered. After that, you should be good to go. If not, you need to determine if the leak is coming through a wall or floor. If it’s coming through a wall, then you’ll want to place your dehumidifier against that wall. If it’s coming in from under flooring, run the dehumidifier along the base of the walls to help dry them out.
Basement With Wet Spots On Walls or Floor
If you see damp spots or leaks on the walls or floor, then it’s likely due to a moisture issue. Running your dehumidifier should help fix this problem quickly. It should be noted that if there has been flooding in the basement and standing water, then do NOT run a dehumidifier. Instead, wait for the water to evaporate before running the dehumidifier.
Basement With Mold On Walls or Floor
If you see mold growing on walls or flooring, then it’s important to fix this problem as soon as possible. Mold is most likely due to moisture problems. If you’ve seen standing water or wet spots on the walls or floor, then using a dehumidifier will help. If the mold is on wall-to-wall carpeting, you might need to run a steam cleaner over the carpets to kill the mold and dry them out completely.
The general rule of thumb when it comes to where to place your dehumidifier is the higher, the better. Place your dehumidifier on a table or another elevated surface to get it up off of the floor. This will allow air to circulate underneath it and help dry out the floor or walls faster. Now that you know where to place your basement dehumidifier for best performance, you’re ready to start using yours.
Things To Avoid When Placing A Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers can be an excellent way to keep your home or office more comfortable. They work by removing excess humidity, which in turn keeps the air more dry and helps prevent dust mites, mold spores and other allergens from floating around. But it’s important to place them correctly so that they do not become dirty themselves or produce too much heat. Here are some things you should avoid when placing a dehumidifier:
Don’t put the dehumidifier on carpeting
The moisture will just get trapped under the machine where it will grow mold and mildew faster than if left on hard surfaces such as wood floors or tile.
Don’t put the dehumidifier in an area with large windows or doors.
Cold outside air will depress the machine’s efficiency and cause it to work harder than necessary, leading to a shortened lifespan. If you have a window or door open, close it immediately if you notice that your dehumidifier has started to become less efficient.
Don’t put the dehumidifier in direct sunlight or near a heater or fireplace.
Heat, especially from sunlight and other devices, will speed up the growth of mildew and mold and reduce the overall lifespan of your machine. Close any window blinds and turn off all heating devices if you notice that your dehumidifier is starting to emit a musty odor.
Don’t put the dehumidifier in an unventilated space.
If your basement or other storage area has poor ventilation and excess moisture, adding another device that will remove even more moisture may improve comfort but it will also cause problems with mold and mildew. In this case, it’s better to focus on ventilation and moisture removal first.
Don’t put the dehumidifier near a hot kitchen or bathroom.
Your dehumidifier will emit warm air as it collects water vapor from the air and this can lead to higher indoor temperatures that you may not like. Try to place it in an area that is furthest from any kitchen or bathroom areas.
Don’t put the dehumidifier on a surface that is unstable.
If you have a very old or wobbly piece of furniture, it might not be suitable for supporting the weight of your machine. If you aren’t sure it’s suitable, place an old bedside table on its side or use a stack of books to raise the dehumidifier off the floor.
Don’t put the dehumidifier directly against the wall.
It’s generally better to give them some breathing room so they don’t become dirty as quickly. If you have an older model, it may have a reservoir located on its side so you should never allow the machine to sit directly against the wall.
What Rooms Should You Place A Dehumidifier In?
As you may know, a dehumidifier is a device that helps remove moisture from the air. The ideal room to use one of these contraptions in is an area where humidity levels are higher than normal. This includes living rooms, bedrooms and kitchens. Here are some reasons.
A lot of cooking activities are carried out in kitchens. This includes preparing meals, frying foods, boiling water and so on. Unfortunately, the moisture coming from these ventures is usually bad news. However, a dehumidifier will help solve that problem by sucking up the excess moisture in the air. It’s advisable to place the appliance close to the kitchen, in a central location.
A lot of bedrooms are fitted with A/C units. However, if one is absent or faulty, this would be a good place for a dehumidifier to be placed so as to maintain ventilation and regulate humidity levels. This is because most people sleep under blankets at night. If the blankets are moist, one will end up feeling clammy and uncomfortable.
The moisture produced by cooking activities should be the only reason for placing a dehumidifier in a kitchen. This will ensure that humidity levels are kept low so as to maintain freshness. The best place to put one of these appliances is close to the appliance source, but away from it. That way, cooking odors won’t be sucked up together with the moisture.
If you have a kitchen and a bathroom in the same room, then it’s best to place a dehumidifier in both places. This is because people often take hot showers in bathrooms and this adds to the humidity levels. It should be noted that moisture can damage appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers and so on. In fact, high humidity levels can result in mold forming on the walls and even cause peeling paint to start peeling off.
Most people do their washing in laundry areas. This includes using clothes dryers, ironing boards and so on. Unfortunately, these appliances often generate moisture which ends up ruining the area’s ambiance. A dehumidifier will help make sure that humidity levels are kept at reasonable levels to maintain freshness. Finally, one can expect their clothes to feel fresh and clean as a result of this.
Children’s Play Areas
A child’s play area is another good place for a dehumidifier. This is because kids often spend a lot of time playing in those areas. If the rooms are damp, then one will find that mold starts growing on the walls and on the toys. This can lead to allergies and other health problems. It’s best to place a dehumidifier in children’s play areas so as to ensure that there is no mold growth or dampness.
Computer And Electronic Rooms
If you need to store expensive electronic equipment, then it’s essential for you to keep humidity levels at a minimum. This is because excess moisture can easily damage some of these devices which are very sensitive to humidity. A dehumidifier will help keep the air dry, ensuring that your electronics are kept in good condition for longer.
Offices And Libraries
In addition to homes, a dehumidifier will come in handy at work and school as well. Most workers and students spend a lot of time indoors, reading books and working on the computer. For this reason, it’s prudent to place a dehumidifier in your office or library so as to keep humidity levels in check. This way, one can expect to stay healthy.
Garages And Workshops
If you have a garage or workshop, then you need to install a dehumidifier because of the moist air that’s generated while working on projects. This is because moisture often damages tools and other equipment, which results in loss of money. It’s advisable to place a dehumidifier in these areas so as to ensure that the air is dry and fresh, thus preventing damage.
Basements often feature high humidity levels. This is because most homeowners store their water heaters and furnaces in those areas, which generate moisture. A dehumidifier will help keep the humidity levels at a minimum so as to prevent dampness and mold growth.
Home offices need dehumidifiers as well. People often spend long hours in such places reading or working on the computer. This means that excess moisture can result in health issues, allergies and even peeling paint. For this reason, it’s best to place a dehumidifier in your home office so as to maintain freshness and proper humidity.
Closets are another good place for a dehumidifier. This is because the majority of homes have enough closets and most people often keep their clothes in those areas, which means that mold growth can happen. A dehumidifier will help prevent this from happening as well as maintain freshness. One can use them to keep clothes fresh all day long.
These are just some of the reasons for choosing these particular rooms to place a dehumidifier in. The choice depends on your specific needs and preferences.
Dehumidifier Recommendations 2021
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage: 120V - 60Hz
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inch (w x d x h), turn table 12.4 inch (diameter)
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel, glass turntable
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- FAST GOURMET POPCORN: Choose beautiful, durable temperature safe borosilicate glass for better popcorn popping experiences. No oil or butter needed. Hot air circulates preventing burning. Melt butter with the dual function lid for gourmet results. Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. A fun gift idea.
- PREPARING AND SHARING: Great for a healthy snack, movie night, the big game or recipes including popcorn. Simply use the dual-function lid to measure the desired serving size, pour into the Micro-Pop and place in microwave for 3-minutes or less. Hundreds of fun and healthy snack recipe possibilities for your popcorn enjoyment.
- MONEY WELL-SPENT: Make homemade popcorn as an alternative to buying expensive single use prepackaged bags containing unwanted chemicals, ingredients and calories.
- WHY CHOOSE GLASS VS SILICONE: Watch your popcorn popping for perfect results. Temperature safe glass resists wear-and-tear and will not absorb acids or chemicals typically produced during use. Glass is made without BPA, hypoallergenic, and thermal shock resistant. Wide-mouth design and ergonomic handle add versatility and ease-of-use.
- Included Components: Glass Popcorn Popper, Lid
- Now it’s easier to defrost vegetables, make popcorn, cook potatoes, and reheat rice. With an Echo device (not included), quick-cook voice presets and a simplified keypad let you just ask Alexa to start microwaving.
- Compact size saves counter space, plus 10 power levels, a kitchen timer, a child lock, and a turntable.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new presets.
- External dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 17.3 in. x 10.1 in. x 14.1 in. ; internal dimensions (10 7/8 in. x 6 7/8 in. x 10” in.); Turntable (Diameter): 10 in. ; Maximum Popcorn bag size: 3 oz
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Joachim, David (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 46 Pages - 04/28/2004 (Publication Date) - Rodale Books (Publisher)
- Upgraded Version: Special virtual reality vr glasses for Nintendo switch & Nintendo Switch OLED Model, would be a big surprise as gift for your friends and family or yourself, this is the upgraded version.(More suitable experience and people with prescription glasses can wear this VR too.).NOTE: Please take out the Joy-Con would be light weight to use, 15~36mm, may not fit for huge nose.
- Say Goodbye To Carboard Materials: Made of EVA and Oxford materials, super light weight and durable, no worry that your VR glass get mildew in wet weather, includes adjustable headstrap and more thick materials to touch your face, no need to grip the switch console near your head.
- Watch and Play in VR: HD optimization takes you special experience to watch Youtube and play Super Smash Bros. & Zelda & Super Mario Odyssey etc. (VR games may be updated in succession), Full range with the joysticks and the buttons are covered fully, easy to use when playing action games (I.e. smash bros.)
- Ergonomical Design: Adjust the size to fit for everyone's head, with heat dissipation and type C port holes, it also increases the thickness to touch your face more comfortable, watching Youtube while charging, and you can take out the joy-cons while playing, regular cardboard VR which is not allowing full range with the joysticks and a few of the buttons are half covered making it difficult to use them quickly.(I.e. smash bros.).
- Safe Hook & Loop Design: Easy to use, protect your switch from scratch and fall down, just choose your VR game or Youtube video "watch in VR", very convenient to enjoy the 3D world.
- 700W With 6 Variable Power Levels Galanz 0.7 Cu.Ft, 700 Watts Microwave Oven With Lighting Pull Handle, Microwave Oven Offers Six Power Level To Cook. It Is Easy To Defrost.
- Interior Light & Child Lock Interior Light For Checking The Status Without Having To Open The Doors. The Safety Lock Prevents Unsupervised Operation By Children. Lock The Control Panel Using The Child Safety Lock Option To Prevent Accidental Use Or Access By Children.
- Defrost & Led Display For All Your Frozen Foods, Defrost By Time Or Weight So You Can Enjoy More Flavorful Foods. Easy-To-Read Led Display Clearly Shows Remaining Cooking Time. And When The Cooking Procedure Have Finished, Three Beeps Sound Will Be Heard.
- 360°Rotating Evenly Heating 360° Heating And Rotation Of Glass Turntable During Operation Helps Cook Food More Evenly And Then Improves The Cooking Efficiency. So You Will Enjoy Fresh And Delicious Food Within A Short Time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Pietra Brettkelly (Director) - Belinda McLeod (Producer)
- (Playback Language)
- Turn almost anything into ice cream, sorbet, milkshakes, and more.
- Create completely customizable treats. With the Ninja CREAMi, you can have total control of your ingredients for low sugar, keto, dairy-free, and vegan options.
- From sweet to savory and healthy to indulgent, there's a CREAMi treat for everyone. Create flavors and mix-in combinations that you can’t find in the store.
- (7) one-touch programs allow for the perfect combination of speed, pressure, and time to completely shave through your frozen pint. Choose between Ice Cream, Sorbet, Gelato, Milkshake, Smoothie Bowl, Lite Ice Cream, and Mix-in.
- Create a CREAMi treat in three easy steps. Simply prep your base, freeze overnight, process, and enjoy!
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 Seconds Express Cooking
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 10” glass turntable
- Push-button door release for easy access
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3” x 13.0” x 10.2”
- Stylish stainless steel finish, compact size: 0.7 cubic-foot capacity, 700 watts and 11 power levels
- Mute function, settings, clock, kitchen timer, child safety lock, easy auto-cook functions: Popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen veggie, beverage, reheat
- One touch express cooking function with 1-6 minutes and +30 seconds functions, and two defrost settings (by weight or by time)
- Energy saving Eco mode: Minimizing 50% standby power by turning on ECO mode
- Bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, interior light and 10 inch glass turntable
- MJPH Hobby Journals (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 50 Pages - 09/06/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- PLATINUM SILICONE: The world's first fully functional, self-sealing, reusable alternative to single-use plastic bags. Plus, unlike traditional single-use plastic bags, Stasher bags contain no BPA, no PVC, and no latex. Keep your food safe from contaminants in Stasher bags
- ELIMINATE SINGLE-USE PLASTIC WASTE: Each Stasher eliminates thousands of single-use plastic bags from ending up in our oceans or landfills
- PINCH-LOC TM: Features the innovative air-tight Pinch-Loc TM to keep food fresh to store, marinade, and sous vide. Keep your food’s nutrients, flavors and juices locked in. Just burp your Stasher to remove excess air and pinch the seal closed
- DISHWASHER AND MICROWAVE SAFE: Platinum food-grade silicone is safe for use in the freezer, microwave, dishwasher, boiling water, and oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- START YOUR STASH: Half-gallon 10.25”x 8.25”x 1.5” (64oz); Sandwich 7.5”x 7.5” x 1” (28oz); Snack 4.5”x 7.5”x 1” (12oz); Pocket 3.5"x 4.5"x 1" (4oz); Stand-Up Mid 7.75"x 7"x 3" (56oz); Stand-Up Mega 9.5"x 8.25"x 4.75" (104oz); Stand-Up Mini 7.5"x 5.75"x 2.5" (28oz); Go 5"x 8.5"x 1.5" (18oz)
- PERFORATED LIDS: The lid protects your microwave from splatters and spots. The BPA-free plastic and silicone topper covers food to encourage even cooking and to keep food inside for a cleaner microwave. Small holes in the top of the lid allow steam to escape, encouraging airflow to prevent condensation buildup. Lid is dishwasher safe.
- EASY STORAGE: Collapsible cover pops up to 3" to cover tall dishes, piles of food, and shallow bowls. The cover collapses to 0.75" for easy storage. Cover can also be used flat to cover large bowls to prevent splattering for a cleaner microwave.
- HEAT RESISTANT: BPA-free plastic and silicone for a heat-resistant, food-safe cover. Won’t melt in the microwave or dishwasher.
- EASY GRIP HANDLE: Handle on pop-up lid makes it easy to grab while in the microwave or put on top of dishes. The ergonomic handle fits easily in most hands for quick on-and-off action. Doesn’t stick out to maintain slim profile.
- DIMENSIONS: 10.5" L X 10.5" W X 3" H; when collapsed, 0.75" H. Interior of round is 10" diameter. Fits over most plates and bowls. Dishwasher safe.
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 9 15/16 inch x 15 13/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; Other advantages include 14 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve. Power Source 120V / 60Hertz. Power Consumption 1480W. Membrane keypad and 5 menu buttons for easy programming, 10 Power Levels; push-button door release
- Set up the small, 13oz, 4-inch portable campfire for an outdoor fire pit and a bit of warmth where you need it! Bring the portable, convenient, easy-to-store tin camping, hiking, to the beach, or anywhere; perfect for s’mores, hot dogs, and more
- Create ambiance and atmosphere at any outdoor party or use as a quick heater for patio gatherings
- Get started quickly with 3 hours of burn time as easy to light as a candle—no embers, no firewood, and no cumbersome propane equipment needed! Light and reuse with no cleanup—just ignite the paper briquettes with a long match or lighter and slide the lid over to extinguish
- Enjoy with confidence as all Radiate campfires are made in the USA with eco-friendly materials like soy wax and paper briquettes
- Radiate was featured on CNBC’s Shark Tank and received three offers from Sharks who loved it—you’ll love it too
- HOT THERAPY: STRESS RELIEF, NECK ACHE, CRAMPS, SINUS PRESSURE, EAR ACHE, KNEES, & MORE! Size is apprx. 12" x 6.5". Two minutes in microwave will yield approx. 20-30 minutes of moist heat per use
- EXCELLENT QUALITY: This Sacksy Thyme microwavable heating pad is a soft, warm, microwavable, reusable, personal heat pack made of 100% natural flaxseed and is unscented. No essential oils or herbal solutions are added. If you are looking for an aromatherapy effect, just place a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the heating pad prior to microwaving.
- SOOTHING PAIN: One of the main causes of muscle pain is overexertion from exercise or from working too hard, thankfully this microwave heat pad is great for any kind of pain which will help reduce muscle discomfort and speed up muscle recovery. It is perfect for anyone who wants to feel cozy and comfortable at home or on the go.
- HOW TO USE: SacksyThyme heating pad can be used to help with back, neck, menstrual cramps, leg, stomach, body, shoulder, joint aches and more. Simply heat in the microwave for 90 seconds until it feels hot to the touch. If more heat is needed add 30 seconds. Do not microwave this heat bag for more than 2 minutes per use. Do not reheat until the sack is completely cooled to room temperature. Microwave heating strengths vary therefore always test for hot spots and temperature before using.
- DIMENSIONS: This heating pad microwavable sack measures approximately 12" wide x 6.5" long and it weighs around 2.2 lbs. Proudly made in America
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
- 1000 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 seconds express cooking
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 12.4” glass turntable
- Push-button door release for easy access
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 20.2” x 15.6” x 12.1”; Color of door frame is stainless steel, enclosure is black
- 0.7 cu. ft. capacity. Approximate product dimensions : 17.25 inch W X 10.12 inch H X 13 inch D
- Convenience cooking controls
- Auto and time defrost
- Overall Width:17 1/4 inches
- Quick & easy: you can prepare meals and snacks in a snap with this microwave that packs 700 Watts of output power
- Get a clear view: The LED display with kitchen timer and clock lets you keep track of time while the easy-view interior LED lighting lets you keep an eye on cooking
- Convenient: conveniences such as defrost by weight or by time settings let you get dinner on the Table even when you forget to pre-prep your food
- Style & function: stylish Brushed Stainless Steel front and handle for a stylish, elegant look and the child safety lock function provides an added level of security
- Cook easy & powerful: it offers 10 power levels and multi-stage cooking to fully customize your cooking with 6 one-touch cooking programs make quick work of any cooking task
- 0.9 cu. ft. capacity - 900 Watts (IEC-705 test procedure)
- Convenience cooking controls - Operating made quick and easy
- Auto and time defrost - Defrosting times and power levels are programmed automatically or manually for optimal results
- Turntable - Rotates food throughout the cycle
- Control lockout - Helps prevent accidental activation
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Dehumidifier
>write a paragraph about Factors To Consider When Choosing The Dehumidifier
Choosing the right dehumidifier can be a daunting task, but don’t fret. We have compiled a list of factors to consider when you are purchasing one so that it will be easier for you to choose the best one for your needs.
Size Of Area
The size of the area that you need to dehumidify will determine which type would be best for your needs. A smaller version, such as the Frigidaire 30-pint , is perfect for a bedroom or small living area and can help you save money by only running it when necessary and preventing molding. A larger model, such as the Whynter Energy Star 50-Pint , would be the best to use in a very large room or basement.
An adjustable dehumidistat is a must when you purchase a dehumidifier and this ensures that it will run only when necessary and be energy efficient. A continuously adjustable dehumidistat also helps you save money on your monthly electric bill because it will not run constantly when the humidity level is low enough for most of the time.
Size Of The Water Container
One thing to consider is how often you are going to need to empty it and whether or not this would be too much of a hassle for you. The bigger the water tank, the less often it will need to be emptied, but this also means that it will take up more space in your home.
Automatic Shut Off
An automatic shut off is another great feature to consider if you are looking for convenience and you don’t like having to go back and check on it. This ensures that when the container is full or when the humidity level reaches a certain point, it will automatically shut off and prevent any water from spilling onto your floors.
Water Level Indicator
A water level indicator is another great feature to have when you purchase a dehumidifier because this allows you to easily see how full the container is and when it needs to be emptied. Also having a water level indicator prevents you from overfilling, which can cause damage to your dehumidifier.
Easy To Maintain
A great feature to have when purchasing a dehumidifier is one that is easy to maintain. This ensures that you will be able to clean it easily and without any hassle so that your unit will last a long time. Also, if the water tank is transparent, the easier it will be for you to see whether or not it needs to be cleaned.
What Is Available In The Area
One thing that you will need to consider is what is available in the area when you are purchasing a dehumidifier. This ensures that if something happens to your dehumidifier, such as an electrical surge or water spilling out, that there will be someone close by to assist you.
The Price Of The Product
One thing to consider when purchasing your dehumidifier is how much you are willing to spend on it. Most people try to find the best deal they can, but compared to the quality of the product and its usefulness, this makes it worthwhile in the long run. Also, if you find a product that is more expensive, but it has all of the factors mentioned above, then this would be the best option for you.
Having all of these factors in mind will make it easier for you to purchase an efficient dehumidifier so that you can easily regulate the humidity level in your home and prevent molding that can cause serious damage. By doing this, you will also save money on your monthly electric bill and have a cleaner home.
FAQs About A Dehumidifier
– Does an air conditioner affect or limit the effectiveness of dehumidifiers?
A humidifier helps cool the air which in turn, helps your A/C run more efficiently. You want to make sure that you are running your dehumidifier when it’s warm out so moisture doesn’t build up on the unit. This could cause water damage to your property and give mold a perfect place to grow.
– Do I need to worry about mold under my carpet if I install a dehumidifer in the basement ?
Basements are not included in the coverage of dehumidifiers. You will most likely need a crawl space or basement encapsulation system installed before you can think about installing a dehumidifier.
– How often should I use my dehumidifier?
It depends on how damp your climate is and the size of unit you have. Typically, dehumidifiers will need to come on when the humidity in your home reaches 70% or higher. Some units may take care of this for you and automatically turn on and off depending on the conditions in your home.
– Will my dehumidifier stop working properly if I leave it on all the time?
It’s not recommended to run dehumidifiers constantly due to the fact that they go through a lot of energy and can make your home too dry. Typically, you will want to run them for about an hour or two and then turn them off. You may even want to keep them on a timer so they only come on while you are at work or while you are asleep.
– What is the proper humidity level for my home?
Most experts will tell you that it’s best to keep your humidity between 30%-50%. If your home is damp, mold can grow behind walls and under carpet. If the humidity level is too high for your home, you may end up with a bad smell and can become sick from mold spores.
– How effective is dehumidifier for wet carpet?
A dehumidifier will help dry your carpet but it’s not guaranteed to work. They can be expensive so you may want to consider other options before turning to one. A great way to get rid of moisture without spending a lot of money is by using fans and a heater to help dry up the carpeting.
– What are the benefits of using a dehumidifier in my home?
A dehumidifier helps regulate humidity in your home which results in cleaner air and less mold growth. This keeps your home presentable when guests come over and makes it easier for your AC system to run.
– What should I do if my dehumidifier breaks?
If you end up having a power surge or some other issue that causes your unit to break down, then the best thing for you to do is find somebody nearby who can come and fix it for you immediately. It’s not a good idea to try and fix something like this on your own because it can get even more expensive if you make a mistake.
– Are there any benefits of using a dehumidifier in the garage?
A lot of people use their garage as an extra room because it’s a great place to store things you are not using often. The problem with this is that many garages are damp and moist which can develop mold quickly. A portable or tank type dehumidifier can help lower humidity levels and prevent mold growth.
– When do I need to replace the filters on my dehumidifier?
It depends on how often you use your unit and what kind of filter it requires. If the filter looks dirty after a few weeks, then you will need to change it promptly so your system continues to work as it should.
Here are some tips to drain a dehumidifier automatically.
We hope you find this article helpful in determining where to place dehumidifiers. Remember, a dehumidifier can help keep your home in shape but it is not a miracle worker. You will need to find the source of the moisture in your home and fix it yourself. They are very helpful for when you have guests over or when you want to lower humidity levels so your AC system does not have to work as hard. Keep these tips in mind the next time you think about where to place dehumidifier or if your unit breaks down. The better you are at taking care of it, the longer it will last.